INNOVATION & STRATEGY IN MODERN HISTORY
The world system’s telltale signature unveils the emergence of the first globalizing power
Five main theses are defended in this book:
• History is not a mere accumulation of past facts, the fruit of chance and uncertainty, and the Science of History is not a simplistic narrative of past ‘stories.’
• Globalization is an evolutionary and irreversible process, initially conceived in China around the 10th century, and born with the Portuguese Discoveries movement in the 15th and 16th centuries.
• The Portuguese were pioneers in the process that led to the transition to a true global system of cultural and commercial exchange.
• The application of systemic methodology to the analysis of History allows for the construction of viable future scenarios.
• There is an inheritance from the Portuguese generations active during the apex period between the 15th and 16th centuries (the “Discoveries Matrix”), as well as a portfolio of acquired knowledge regarding this country’s capacity for resilience and its historical relationship to some of the emerging 21st century powers.
Não existem opiniões ainda.